Świat wyglądał wokół nas

Oleg68

Russian
What does mean a line Świat wyglądał wokół nas?

Kiedyś było pięknie tak
Stworzyliśmy własny raj
Wszystko było jak ze snów
Świat wyglądał wokół nas
Myślę o tobie by Kombii

"The world looked like around us" sounds odd.
My guess it means "It seemed the world was turning around us". What do you think?

• Oleg68

Russian
    I know that sometimes it's difficult to understand song lyrics. When we say in Russian "the world turns around you" it means that "you are the most important thing in the world". Maybe Świat wyglądał wokół nas means the same here?

Ben Jamin

Polish
    What does mean a line Świat wyglądał wokół nas?

Kiedyś było pięknie tak
    Stworzyliśmy własny raj
    Wszystko było jak ze snów
    Świat wyglądał wokół nas
    Myślę o tobie by Kombii

"The world looked like around us" sounds odd.
    My guess it means "It seemed the world was turning around us". What do you think?
    "Świat wyglądał wokół nas" without a qualifying supplement is meaningless. It means exactly the same as "мир выглядел вокруг нас".
    The qualifying supplement could be for example "cudnie" (beautiful) or "jak z bajki" (like from a fairy tale). The last line is gibberish. The whole text makes an impression of being written by an inept, wannabe poet.

Oleg68

Russian
    ''Мир выглядел вокруг нас" sounds odd and wrong in Russian. "Мир выглядел прекрасно..." is fine.
    "The world was beautiful" or "the world was turning around"? Which one would you choose?
    I just try to translate that song into Russian.

Ben Jamin

Polish
    ''Мир выглядел вокруг нас" sounds odd and wrong in Russian. "Мир выглядел прекрасно..." is fine.
    "The world was beautiful" or "the world was turning around"? Which one would you choose?
    I just try to translate that song into Russian.
    As I wrote, Świat wyglądał wokół nas has no sense i Polish either. How will you manage to translate a meaningless text?

haes

Polish - Poland
    He doesn't sing Świat wyglądał wokół nas but Świat wirował wokół nas. Was turning around us, whirled around us. It makes perfect sense :)

Oleg68

Russian
    He doesn't sing Świat wyglądał wokół nas but Świat wirował wokół nas. Was turning around us, whirled around us. It makes perfect sense :)
    I supposed that. I'll correct my translation.

Thank you very much, haes!

< Previous | Next >