Носи на здоровье

< Previous | Next >

avardany

Armenian
Dear colleagues,

What do you think can be the equivalent English phrase for the Russian Носи на здоровье! when we wish someone to enjoy their new sweater, shoes, hat, and the like?

Thank you,
Ashot

• tuathanach

English - Irish & Scottish
    Here in Ireland, it's very common to say ''well wear''. It is especially common when you buy a new car, clothes, shoes etc. ''Wear'' in this sense is износить as opposed to носить, I believe. As far as I'm aware it's a unique phrase to Ireland.

Enquiring Mind

English - the Queen's
    May you enjoy wearing it for many years to come! (poshmark.com); Really glad you love your new wallet, may it serve you well for many years to come (kickstarter.com); I really enjoyed designing this beautiful T-shirt (...) I hope you enjoy wearing it (hoffners.com); I hope they give you many years of enjoyment! (poshmark.com); I wish you many years of pleasure from your handbag ... (trustpilot.com) ... wear them and enjoy! (Google books)

[ ... may it/may they ... I hope it gives/I hope they give ... с соответствующими изменениями.]

avardany

Armenian
    Here in Ireland, it's very common to say ''well wear''. It is especially common when you buy a new car, clothes, shoes etc. ''Wear'' in this sense is износить as opposed to носить, I believe. As far as I'm aware it's a unique phrase to Ireland.
    In my mother tongue, Armenian, we also have exactly the same phrase with the meaning of износить. I will ask my native speaker Canadian colleagues whether the phrase is used here, at least, in Ontario. Many thanks for sharing this option.

avardany

Armenian
    May you enjoy wearing it for many years to come! (poshmark.com); Really glad you love your new wallet, may it serve you well for many years to come (kickstarter.com); I really enjoyed designing this beautiful T-shirt (...) I hope you enjoy wearing it (hoffners.com); I hope they give you many years of enjoyment! (poshmark.com); I wish you many years of pleasure from your handbag ... (trustpilot.com) ... wear them and enjoy! (Google books)

[ ... may it/may they ... I hope it gives/I hope they give ... с соответствующими изменениями.]
    Isn't this real research?! Terrific, thank you very much!

< Previous | Next >