Рассуждать

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguelnik

Greek
Dear all,

hello. Its only my first visit to the site since i have just been registered.

i am studying the Russian language since a year now and like many others i guess, i also face some difficulties myself.

i hope i can get some help here for occasional difficulties especially about words/verbs actual meaning since some times its really tight to figure it out through dictionaries.

i would like pls a clarification for the following 2 words.

Рассуждать and Жутковато.

Thank you very much for you reply and patience.

• Awwal12

Russian
    What's you particular problem with рассуждать? It seems to be decently covered in dictionaries.
    Жуткова́тый - somewhat horrifying, somewhat creepy. Жуткова́то is either a short neuter form of the adjective, or a related adverb (e.g. мне́ ста́ло жуткова́то - I felt slightly terrified). The suffixal complex -ова́т- is quite productive in formation of adjectives and adverbs, with a meaning of slight extent.

Miguelnik

Greek
    What's you particular problem with рассуждать? It seems to be decently covered in dictionaries.
    Жуткова́тый - somewhat horrifying, somewhat creepy. Жуткова́то is either a short neuter form of the adjective, or a related adverb (e.g. мне́ ста́ло жуткова́то - I felt slightly terrified). The suffixal complex -ова́т- is quite productive in formation of adjectives and adverbs, with a meaning of slight extent.
    Dear Awwal12, Thank you so much for you swift reply. Much appreciated.

Рассуждать is presented as “Reasoning”
    Like openly excusing/expressing a though or decision or action. Is this the correct meaning of the verb ? Like analysing ? Have i got this right ?
    Thank you very much.
    Michael

Vovan

Russian
    Feel free to use dictionaries on Wordreference! Here's the Russian-English one:
    https://www.wordreference.com/ruen/рассуждать

As you can see, "рассуждать" means "to argue logically". It suggests presenting various arguments on a topic/issue, matching them, coming to conclusions, etc. - orally or in writing.
    Вчера он рассуждал на тему абортов. (Yesterday he was discussing the subject of abortion.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.