У меня сердце от беспокойства разрывается

< Previous | Next >

Interprete

French, France
Hello,

I’m watching a cartoon where a character suddenly leaves home and someone in his family says something like: Куда ушёл? зачем? Мне просто сердце беспокойств? разрывается.

I’d like to know what the logical ending of "worry" here should be. The way I hear it just sounds like беспокойство like in the nominative form, but I assume it is impossible, syntactically.

Thanks!

• nizzebro

Russian
    Most likely they said "у меня просто сердце от беспокойства разрывается" (here "от" = "из-за")
    "my heart is just breaking with worry" (but with a free word order)

Interprete

French, France
    Thank you nizzebro, yes after listening it for a dozen more times I think I can very faintly hear the от, but barely... I really need to train my ear more.

Awwal12

Russian
    Unstressed vowels are often a problem (they may be even reduced to zero in certain positions). However, since Russian is essentially a consonant language, it's better to watch closely for the consonants. [м] vs. [м'], [б] vs. [дб] are quite distinguishable.

Interprete

French, France
    Yes Awwal12, in this sentence after listening to it many times, I noticed that I heard a very faint [дб] at the beginning of беспокойства which is (for me) the only way to guesss that there was another word before it. But it’s so faint and quick that I really didn’t notice it at all at first.

< Previous | Next >