Я Кублакову сколько глаза открывал?

turkjey5

English - USA
Привет!
Фраза "Я Кублакову сколько глаза открывал?" значить, что он открывал глаза у Кублакова?
Заранее большое спасибо!!

А тебя я на чистую воду выведу. Народ будет знать о твоих экономических преступлениях! Я Кублакову сколько глаза открывал? А когда открыл,
нет Кублакова!

• Prower

Banned
    Russian
    I think you shouldn't understand this expression literally. It just means that he revealed him something that wasn't understood or seen by Каблуков. Another example.

- Я думал она ангел, пока мне глаза не открыли. (Kind of) - Now I know that she isn't. I got new information about her, I know the truth.

Ahu Lee

Russian (Moscow)
    Well, methinks that открыть кому-то глаза на что-то = to open one's mind about something

For example,
    This book opened my mind about a lot of things.
    Эта книга открыла мне глаза на многие вещи.

Last edited:

Prower

Banned
    Russian
    Ahu Lee, такая интерпритация имеет право быть, несомненно. (Кстати, у вас прекрасное имя китайского происхождения, но с откровенно русским смыслом. Браво.)

Ahu Lee

Russian (Moscow)
    кстати, у вас прекрасное имя китайского происхождения, но с откровенно русским смыслом. браво.
    у пелевина скоммуниздил :).

Ps простите за оффтоп.

Last edited:

Ahu Lee

Russian (Moscow)
    не проблема, мне было интересно тоже, хотя я не понимаю ответа. :d
    Виктор Пелевин is a writer and the slang verb "скоммуниздить" is an euphemism (derived from the word "коммунизм" btw) for the bad Russian mat verb "спиздить:warning:", which means "украсть" ["to steal" with definition to wrongly take and use (another person's idea, words, etc.), to take (something that you are not supposed to have) without asking for permission].

"A Hu-Li" is a character in Pelevin's The Sacred Book of the Werewolf. So, because I had gotten the compliment from Prower about my nickname I honestly said that I'd stolen the idea from Pelevin -- (Я) У Пелевина (это, эту идею, это имя) скоммуниздил.
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Please correct me if I messed up the tenses here>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hope it's clear now for you.

PS.. T
    ip of the day!
    Do not put the adverb "тоже" at the end of the sentence in Russian. It doesn't sound good. It normally goes right after the subject.
    For example:
    I like it too.
    Мне тоже это нравится --> good
    Мне это тоже нравится --> good (a bit less common then the first one though)
    Мне это нравится тоже --> bad!!!

I'd say it like this, though:
    Нет проблем, мне это тоже было интересно. Но, по правде говоря, я совсем не понял ответа.

turkjey5

English - USA
    Thanks for the explanation and pointers!!

"A Hu-Li" is a character in Pelevin's The Sacred Book of the Werewolf. So, because I had gotten the compliment from Prower about my nickname I honestly said that I'd stolen the idea from Pelevin -- (Я) У Пелевина (это, эту идею, это имя) скоммуниздил.
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Please correct me if I messed up the tenses here>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    I would go with a simple past tense in the first part and use an indefinite article. I would also change the verb "gotten" to "recieved." Using "the compliment" sounds like you have already made reference to or mentioned the compliment. Using the pluperfect (I had gotten) sounds like you are in the past, talking about a prior event.
    So, because I received a compliment from Prower about my nickname, I honestly said that I'd stolen the idea from Pelevin.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >