блин

< Previous | Next >

Tchesko

Czech
MindStorm said:
Лев, блин, у тебя лежит академия в оригинале, а ты молчишь! Подлец! =))
Now I'm curious... not that it is related to the topic of this thread, but what does блин mean (apart from the pancake)?

Roman

• Lev Yakupov

Russia/Russian
    Now I'm curious... not that it is related to the topic of this thread, but what does блин mean (apart from the pancake)?
    Oh, it's a very common colloquial russian expression, like Damn it! or Omg!

Mindstorm only want to say that I have an Asimov's Academy in original and still silent about it :)

Garou

Neverland
    Tchesko said:

Roman
    yes, блин is a pancake but in russian it also sounds almost like блядь which means a very bad word. And thus блин is used as much more acceptable form of блядь and can be inserted anywhere in the sentence. It will help you show your emotion - surprise, bad mood and lot's of others. It can be translated only if you understand what the quthor is talking about and read from the context about his mood.
    But do not use блин often - it's informal and may be used when you are with among good friends otherwise it would mean that your manners are bad and you have bad education degree

Tchesko

Czech
    Lev Yakupov said:
    Oh, it's a very common colloquial russian expression, like Damn it! or Omg!

Mindstorm only want to say that I have an Asimov's Academy in original and still silent about it :)
    I could understand the rest - the Slavic languages are pretty close to each other! Thanx though...

To Garou:

OK, I see now... We have the same in Czech ("do prčic") and the French use "punaise" and "mince". I guess you can find such words in many languages. I might post a new thread on this...

< Previous | Next >