диск начал выпадатъ

patriciachingiz

English - American
Hi! It's my first time in this forum, and I would appreciate any help!

The word bothering me is выпадатъ. My text concerns computer vocabulary, specifically, ​a hard drive that is being returned because of some problem. I found a lot of выпадатъ in yandex.ru, and equivalents in google that talk about getting disconnected from the internet or network, but I do not think that is the meaning here. Can it mean something about dropping in and out of operation, working sporadically, inconsistently, something like that? Later in the text they say that it started to shut off on its own.

Thank you!

patriciachingiz

• Maroseika

Russian
    Yes, figuratively it can mean working sporadically. To say more precisely, we need the full phrase and maybe several preceding phrases.

patriciachingiz

English - American
    Yes, figuratively it can mean working sporadically. To say more precisely, we need the full phrase and maybe several preceding phrases.
    Hello, Maroseika. Thank you! I don't have much. It's from an awful audio that I can't catch all of. This is what I have:

One party talked a lot, practically the only part of which I caught was отключает самостоятельно.

Тhe other person said he didn't catch much because of the bad connection, but насколько я понял, он выпадать стал с системы.

The other person said that was right, and expanded further, the only words from which I caught were выбивать, выскачивать.

It is about a broken накопитель that the guy is in the process of trying to rescue his data from before he sends it in for exchange.

I know that's not much!

Thanks again!

< Previous | Next >