лечебное дело

iretta

Ukrainian-Ukraine
Hello, everyone! Can you help me to translate "лікувальна справа"(ukrainian) or "лечебное дело"(russian variant) into English? I've found the term "medical business" in the medical russian-english vocabulary...but everyone tells me that it has no sense...Thanks in advance

• tacandr

Russian (Russia)
    iretta said:
    Hello, everyone! Can you help me to translate "лікувальна справа"(ukrainian) or "лечебное дело"(russian variant) into English? I've found the term "medical business" in the medical russian-english vocabulary...but everyone tells me that it has no sense...Thanks in advance

имеется в виду карта больного?
    если так то

medical history, patient history, patient record, clinical record etc

cyanista

законодательница мод
    NRW
    Belarusian/Russian
    tacandr said:
    имеется в виду карта больного?
    если так то

medical history, patient history, patient record, clinical record etc

Hmm, I don't think it's about a medical record, but I have to admit that the meaning of the Russian expression isn't very clear to me as well.:(

Do you have some context to go with it, Iretta?

Marijka

Polish/Poland
    I think лікувальна справа (ukrainian) is more like therapeutics than medical affair (in Polish I would say lecznictwo) but frankly, I'm not shure if it makes any sense.

Ralf

German
    My take on it (without any context, though): Assuming лечебное дело would refer to the field of medical studies or education it could be simply 'medicine' or 'medical science' or ... that I am completely off the track.

Ralf

tacandr

Russian (Russia)
    Ralf said:
    My take on it (without any context, though): Assuming лечебное дело would refer to the field of medical studies or education it could be simply 'medicine' or 'medical science' or ... that I am completely off the track.

Ralf

yes, Ralf, you are right - the phrase refers to medical institute faculty and that would be medical practice, I think