оч. необычно

< Previous | Next >

mateo19

Hello everyone,

Someone made the following comment on a YouTube video that I posted. The video is a Ukrainian song from the Russian movie Brat 2, "Океан Ельзи - Коли тебе нема".

The comment is: оч необычно)и оч нравтся)

Could someone please tell me what it means? I think that the ")" is Russian for what an American would write, " :) ". Right?

• Dmitry71

Russian
    Right)

(Это) очень необычно) и (мне) очень нравится) - (It's) very unusual :) and (I) like (it) very much :)

Last edited:
    Some signs are unrecognisable unfortunately but I think that the intended meaning is "Фильм очень необычный и очень (мне/кому-то) нравится" which means that the film is unusual and I/someone lile/likes it very much.

mateo19

Actually ")", as far as I can see, is a common shortening of a joyful emoticon on the Web, regardless of the language )
    Oh, really? I am used to chatting in French, Spanish and Portuguese and I've never seen this version of the smiley face before. The first time I ever saw it was from Russian friends and I've also seen Ukrainians and Slovaks use it. Maybe it is a Slavic thing? )))

Thank you everyone for your help on this question. :) I suspected that "оч" stood for очень, but I never would have gotten the rest on my own. I appreciate the help.

Sobakus

Oh, really? I am used to chatting in French, Spanish and Portuguese and I've never seen this version of the smiley face before. The first time I ever saw it was from Russian friends and I've also seen Ukrainians and Slovaks use it. Maybe it is a Slavic thing? )))
    Actually it is, and I've noticed the Eastern Slavs, at least, tend to use smileys a lot more than the other web users, and there's a gradation of their meanings, like xD =D :D ))) =) :) ). I guess it's because we don't smile so often on the streets :p

< Previous | Next >