просто курам на смех!

pisana

spanish, Spain
Hello,
I can't undestand this expression, ¿does it mean "don't make me laugh" or something like that?
Thank you!

просто курам на смех!

• cyanista

законодательница мод
    NRW
    Belarusian/Russian
    It means, it's ridiculous, it's laughable (the English equivalent is "it's enough to make a cat laugh"). Interestingly enough, there is a German expression that is quite close to the Russian one: "da lachen ja die Hühner!" (hens will laugh)

What about Spanish and Italian?

pisana

spanish, Spain
    Thank you very much!

I don't think there are similar expressions in Spanish and Italian with this meaning (there are many with other meanings, such as: haría llorar a las piedras, es más raro que un piojo verde, etc.). In Spanish you can say "es para partirse (o troncharse) de risa" o "haría reír a cualquiera"; in italian "fa schiantare"...

Anita413

russian, Russia
    Thank you very much!​

I don't think there are similar expressions in Spanish and Italian with this meaning (there are many with other meanings, such as: haría llorar a las piedras, es más raro que un piojo verde, etc.). In Spanish you can say "es para partirse (o troncharse) de risa" o "haría reír a cualquiera"; in italian "fa schiantare"...​
    I doubt but probably in italian it will be - e' roba da fa ridere i polli...

pisana

spanish, Spain
    Yes, you are right, I also found it a while ago, I never used it but it's a funny expression!

Thanks and good weekend to everybody

It means, it's ridiculous, it's laughable (the English equivalent is "it's enough to make a cat laugh"). Interestingly enough, there is a German expression that is quite close to the Russian one: "da lachen ja die Hühner!" (hens will laugh)

What about Spanish and Italian?

So in Germany and Russia it is hens who are more likely to laugh, and in England it is a cat (hence, the Cheshire cat, presumably);) . Would like to see one... I have evidently never done anything funny enough to make a cat or hens laugh:D

dec-sev

Russian
    Thank you very much!

I don't think there are similar expressions in Spanish and Italian with this meaning (there are many with other meanings, such as: haría llorar a las piedras, es más raro que un piojo verde, etc.). In Spanish you can say "es para partirse (o troncharse) de risa" o "haría reír a cualquiera"; in italian "fa schiantare"...

No sé por qué antipatía hay que tomar a ese animal doméstico para usar su nombre en las locuciones siguientes: :)
    курам на смех — para morir(se) de risa
    писать как курица лапой — garrapatear , escribir garrapatos
    носиться как курица с яйцом — andar como niño con zapatos nuevos