рекламы

wdsbg

Bulgarian
Can somebody tell me please how this word is translated in English...and can it be used as a single word?

Thanks in advance!

• Crescent

Russian, (Ukraine)
    Yes, you are all absolutely right, and you have my (a native speaker's) opinion to prove that. ;)
    Рекламы/а does not only mean 'advertisments', as in the ones you see on TV, but it can also be the posters you see hanging up around a town, advertising make up/food/clothes etc, or the news paper adverts. It basically refers to a very wide range of media which advertises a product.

Thomas1

polszczyzna warszawska
    If you have TV рекламы in mind you, they are called commercials in English. :)

I am thinking if there's a word in Russian as рекламувка or something similar sounding.
    If so what does it mean, please?

Crescent

Russian, (Ukraine)
    Commercials..? Really? :) I always thought that was kind of more an American thing, but if you say so then I believe you! Although I myself always say 'adverts'.. Hmm..:)
    Рекламовка? Hhm.. well I am afraid I personally haven't heard of that.. so either it's perhaps spelt wrong, or it's very recent and that would explain why I don't know it.
    But there is 'рекламирование' - which is just simply the noun 'advertising'.
    If that helps a little... :)

The discussion about reklamówka moved here.

cyanista

законодательница мод
    NRW
    Belarusian/Russian
    I suppose it's quite common in speech to use рекламы, as Crescent describes it. Still, I personally would prefer рекламные объявления/ролики/щиты etc.

By the way, рекламы could also be the Gen. Sg. of реклама.

Thomas1

polszczyzna warszawska
    Commercials..? Really? :) I always thought that was kind of more an American thing, but if you say so then I believe you! Although I myself always say 'adverts'.. Hmm..:)
    Рекламовка? Hhm.. well I am afraid I personally haven't heard of that.. so either it's perhaps spelt wrong, or it's very recent and that would explain why I don't know it.
    But there is 'рекламирование' - which is just simply the noun 'advertising'.
    If that helps a little... :)
    Don't the Americans speak English by any chance? :D I have some friends in England and they use commercials too.

Perhaps, this piece of discussion deserves a separate thread. If so, Jana, could you please... :)

Crescent

Russian, (Ukraine)
    You're very funny! :) :) Of course the Americans speak English, but surely, you must know that they do have some differences in pronounciation and even some words are completely different! For example, the 'fall' - which we never use in England actually means 'autumn'! And the difference of spellings of 'realise'/'realize' etc.
    Et ainsi donc, I always thought that 'commercials' were plus American, and 'adverts' - plus anglais! :D