сам зтот K. того-с

• cyanista

законодательница мод
    NRW
    Belarusian/Russian
    I'm afraid we'll need more context to judge about it. The phrase alone is too vague.

pisana

spanish, Spain
    Hi,
    The context is as follows: the speaker is giving his opinion about someone else, saying he's compleatly crazy, he invents things, etc. This is the introduction of theb paragraph:

да и сам зтот K., по-моему, того-с. Mалость умом тронулся...

Is it enaugh like this? The sentence is very short...

Thank you!

LinguaFan

Russia
    Well, in informal speech to say that someone is "того" means to say that he is crazy. Roughly that would be a synonym to "умом тронулся" and would normally be used in sentences like "Он немного того.", "Ты совсем уже того." As to the postfix -c, it used to be a typical feature of low-middle class speech and was added to many words without really changing their meaning.

papillon

Russian (Ukraine)
    LinguaFan, I'm sorry, but your Cyrillic font doesn't come through on my computer (Macinstosh, using Safari). Maybe check your encoding?

I do agree, in general Того, того-с, (or more commonly того-сь), немного того-сь, or my favorite малость того are all used to express that there is something "off" about a person or an object. In your context it could mean that someone is a bit strange or crazy. However, consider:
    Почему ты мясо из холодильника выбросила?
    А оно, по-моему, было малость того, с душком.
    In this case того indicates that the meat was beginning to go bad.

The particle -c doesn't change the meaning of the word, but gives it a more colloquial sound. It could be added to pretty much anything, like Да-с, ага-с, непременно-с. These days it's considered slighly archaic, and I believe it was originally used in place of сударь (~~sir).

pisana

spanish, Spain
    I see what you mean. Probably the character taps his temple while pronouncing this sentence, doesn't he?
    I can't see your fonts as well, Lingua Fan, from my pc.

Thanks!! :)

dec-sev

Russian
    Hi,
    The context is as follows: the speaker is giving his opinion about someone else, saying he's compleatly crazy, he invents things, etc. This is the introduction of theb paragraph:

да и сам зтот K., по-моему, того-с. Mалость умом тронулся...

Is it enaugh like this? The sentence is very short...

Thank you!

Creo que "completely crazy" no es la traducción exacta de "Mалость умом тронулся," tiendo en cuenta Mалость (un poco). Quizá
    "un tio chiflado " haya mejor.