срываться на кого-л/ком-л

jos.dan

Spanish
Всем привет)
I have yet another question regarding grammatical cases. In ReversoContext I found examples like these:

И я не хотел срываться на тебе.
Я не хотел срываться на тебя.

Are both correct? Which sounds more natural to you: accusative or prepositional case?
Thanks in advance :)

• Awwal12

Russian
    At least they are both grammatical (although opinions regarding their acceptability may vary). That meaning is mentioned only in several dictionaries, and always without the detailed government model. The corpus contains examples for the both models, although the prepositional case (срываться на ком-л.) seems more common.

jos.dan

Spanish
    That meaning is mentioned only in several dictionaries, and always without the detailed government model.
    I guess that's because the verb is colloquial, right? But even colloquial verbs in Russian involve a complicated grammar :)

Thanks a lot, like always, Awwal12 :)

Awwal12

Russian
    I wouldn't actually call that meaning particularly colloquial. The corpus contains a representative set from 2000s and 2010s, and all the occurences come from the author's speech. The single example from 1990s is given in quotation marks; the rest aren't.

< Previous | Next >