(information)is/was not mentioned

lingkky

chinese
I still got trouble in choosing the correct tense and I would like to get the help.

1.I have a book.The author is/was not mentioned in the book.The date and place of publishion is/was not mentioned too.

2.I do not know where the meeting will held. The venue of the meeting is/was not mentioned in the notice.

“Is “or “was”?

• srk

English - US
    I assume that the book still exists. I would use "is." ( ... is not mentioned too either)

If the notice is still posted — if it is still available to be read somewhere — I'd use "is." If the notice has been taken down, I'd use "was."

lingkky

chinese
    I assume that the book still exists. I would use "is." ( ... is not mentioned too either)

If the notice is still posted — if it is still available to be read somewhere — I'd use "is." If the notice has been taken down, I'd use "was."
    I wonder why "is mentioned " is still accepted since the notice writer did not mention it in the past when writing the notice.
    Is there an logical explanation about it?

Andygc

British English
    As a general principle:
    You are reading the book or notice now - present tense - the book/notice says.
    You were reading the book or notice in the past - past tense - the book/notice said.

< Previous | Next >