100% based on academic sources

• PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    Hi, Sir Portuga! Welcome to WRF.

I understand that you have not read the rule that requires (i) a full sentence, (ii) some context (iii) that the example should also be in the question - not the title and (iv) a source. :D If you help us with those then we can answer. :thumbsup:

(Are you asking about the word "on"? Or do you mean "What do you understand by...")

SirPortuga

Portuguese
    Sorry, I saw that on YouTube and it's a video about a war between two countries. It is in the description part of the video. The description starts just like that.

PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    Are you asking about the word "on"?
    Or do you mean
    "What do you understand by '100% based on academic sources'?"

PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    The phrase is a shortened version of "This video, and the story it tells, is 100% based on academic sources

to base [something1] on [something2] = to provide a foundation or evidence for [something1] by reference to [something2]

"He told me that the Portuguese make jam from carrots. And he based that statement...on a visit to a Portuguese family."
    ...................................................................................................[..something1..]......[..........something2..............]

See also: basing on vs based on vs base on

SirPortuga

Portuguese
    Thanks for the further explanation. So, that shortened version is not wrong in terms of grammar and meaning since that context is implied in the video itself, did I get it right?

< Previous | Next >