100 points of ID

hushhush77

cantonese
Hi,

Can anyone kindly explain the "100 points of ID"in this sentence: They called me probably a week later to say they needed 100points of ID from Messiah, and sent me back the application form with his credit card. Thanks!

• perpend

Banned
    American English
    When I google "100 points of ID from Messiah", I get about 10 hits where the phrase comes up, but mostly there are Chinese (I think!) characters (?).

Where did you read it?

hushhush77

cantonese
    The sentence is from an artical about credit card safety. The writer is trying to apply for a credit card for his cat named Messiah in order to test the bank safety system. Thanks.

Copyright

American English
    From Immigration to Australia:

100 points of ID
    Most legal transactions require some form of identification. In some cases, 100 points of ID is required which means that for certain documents you’ll get a fictive number of points. The more reliable the ID the more points you will get.

If you read that linked article, you'll see that various documents and licences and passports have a particular number of points attached to them. So you're looking at a combination of items that total over 100 points.

The article is for Australia, but I would imagine the general practice can be adopted anywhere, with different values for different forms of ID.

< Previous | Next >