105 [ saying / reading ]

  • pimlicodude

    Senior Member
    British English
    The and is a separator between hundreds and units only, used as standard in British English but often omitted in American English.
    The "and" has to be in there in BE, but is usually just an "n" (syllabic n) and so non-native speakers could miss it. /ə ˈhʌndɹəd n̩ ˈfɑɪv/


    Senior Member
    English-US, standard and medical
    "A hundred and five" also sounds right to this US-English speaker. In many informal settings in my region it would be pronounced something like ahunertenfive. (With the t sort of half-swallowed.)
    The exception is counting, which is why context is important. "Hundred-four, hundred-five, hundred-six." In this case the word is pronounced something like "hunderd."