1950 U.S. Navy jacket

rositakay

Arabic
Hi,

My father's 1950 U.S. Navy jacket was also a major inspiration for the more masculine pieces in the collection.”

Does "1950 U.S. Navy jacket" mean a jacket that evokes the style of US Navy soldiers jackets?

Thanks,

• modulus

ইংরেজি - আমেরিক
    Yes, it means that: a jacket in the style of the US Navy jacket of the 1950s. However, it seems very likely that this particular jacket was worn by his father in the 1950s.

Copyright

American English
    I agree with JustKate. I assume this is a fashion designer and he's saying that the inspiration for "the more masculine pieces in the collection" was (seeing) his father's 1950 U.S. Navy jacket.

As an aside, people in the Navy are sailors, not soldiers.

RM1(SS)

English - US (Midwest)
    Yes, it means that: a jacket in the style of the US Navy jacket of the 1950s. However, it seems very likely that this particular jacket was worn by his father in the 1950s.
    I would say that he is referring to an actual US Navy jacket (presumably a peacoat), vintage 1950, not just something in the style of one.

Andygc

British English
    I would say that he is referring to an actual US Navy jacket (presumably a peacoat), vintage 1950, not just something in the style of one.
    Indeed. I can't see that it is open to any other interpretation.

Perhaps rositakay would be kind enough to provide the source so that we can admire "the masculine pieces in the collection" * and see if the context makes the majority view any less certain than at first sight.

* and perhaps some of our feminine forum members could admire the pieces wearing the pieces.

< Previous | Next >