1972-å1975

• Roxxxannne

American English (New England and NYC)
    It could be a typo for 1972-1975.
    Otherwise, å might be a footnote indicator -- a symbol referring you to a note at the bottom of the page.
    If it's that, though, I would expect it to be written as 1972-1975å.

Uncle Jack

British English
    It appears to be a typographical error. possibly caused by changing from one character encoding system to another. It should read "1972–1975".

This is a common problem with computers displaying unusual characters. Although it might not seem it, "–" may well be an unusual character since it ought to be an en-dash rather than a hyphen.

Edinburgher

German/English bilingual
    Although it might not seem it, "–" may well be an unusual character
    :thumbsup:
    since it ought to be an en-dash rather than a hyphen.
    In the picture, it is a dash and not a hyphen. But there may be some weird interaction.

A possibility that occurs to me is that it could be the result of attempting to concoct a symbol that means "approximately". Sometimes people use the '@' sign for this.

kentix

English - U.S.
    I agree it's simply a conversion error between encoding systems. Things are a lot more complicated behind the scenes for non-letter characters than most computer users realize. Copying and pasting between systems can cause this sort of thing. There are dozens of different encodings systems with variable compatibility.

Roxxxannne

American English (New England and NYC)
    :thumbsup:
    In the picture, it is a dash and not a hyphen. But there may be some weird interaction.

A possibility that occurs to me is that it could be the result of attempting to concoct a symbol that means "approximately". Sometimes people use the '@' sign for this.
    Possibly, but the TV show didn't end in approximately 1975. The final episode of the series was broadcast in April 1975.