20% discount on up to three items

Jerome-dong

Chinese-China
Dear all,

Here is the sale information on an online store:

"Discounts are taken off our Everyday Best Prices. Prior reductions may have been taken. Clients may receive 20% discount on up to three items. Limit one 20% offer per household. Highest-priced items will receive 20% savings. Any additional items purchased, except Custom Quick Ship Upholstery, will receive lesser promotional savings, if $600 minimum is reached. "

I have problem understanding their policies:

Clients may receive 20% discount on up to three items: Does this mean no matter how many items you buy, you get discounts on only 3 items?

Limit one 20% offer per household: Have no idea what this means...

Highest-priced items will receive 20% savings: Does "highest-priced items" here mean "most expensive ones"? If it does, then how many highest-priced items will be qualifies for the savings?

Thanks!

• It took me a while to understand this, it probably could have been written more clearly. The way I understand it is:

Clients may receive 20% discount on up to three items: This is pretty clear, you can get 20% discount on a maximum of three items. That's right, only three items.

Limit one 20% offer per household:
    The entire offer, meaning the whole offer you have shown, is valid only once per household. For example if you take advantage of a 20% discount on ONE item in this offer, another member of your house cannot use this offer anymore. How long this lasts isn't mentioned.

Highest-priced items will receive 20% savings: The 20% discount is taken off the three most expensive items you buy. It doesn't mention what the "lesser promotional savings" are if spending under $600. If you spend at least $600 I imagine there are other discounts, although it doesn't mention what these are.

Yeah, this could have been clearer.

Jerome-dong

Chinese-China
    Hi Lingually Confused,

Thank you for your reply and it's getting clearer now. But I still don't understand the "Highest-priced items will receive 20% savings" part. If highest-priced items receive 20% savings, why you said "the 20% discount is take off the three most expensive items"?

Thanks!

Copyright

American English
    If you buy six items, they will give you the 20% discount on the three most expensive items, out of the six.

Jerome-dong

Chinese-China
    Thank you for your clarification, Copyright!

Thank you too, Lingually Confused! Ignore my second question - I misunderstood the phrase "take off". :(

< Previous | Next >