200 Wheeler

< Previous | Next >
  • maxiogee

Banned
    English
    It is an address - probably room 200 in the Wheeler building, or the first house at the second intersection on Wheeler Road (don't get me started on American customs of numbering street addresses!) :)

Old Novice

USA, English
    It is an address - probably room 200 in the Wheeler building, or the first house at the second intersection on Wheeler Road (don't get me started on American customs of numbering street addresses!) :)
    It's almost certainly a room number, unless the building at 200 Wheeler Street (identified by the number "200" near the door of the building on Wheeler Street) has only one classroom. It would not be a reference to an intersection. :)

JamesM

Google gives 11,400 hits for "200 Wheeler". Most often it's the address 200 Wheeler Road, Burlington, MA.
    Yes, but with the additional information that it involves a University of California campus, we can exclude addresses in Massachusetts.

I believe Old Novice has identified it correctly with the map of the UC Berkeley campus. It's very common in academic settings, in the U.S. at least, to use just the name of the building rather than the entire designation ("Stoner" instead of "Stoner Hall", etc.)

maxiogee

Banned
    English
    It's very common in academic settings, in the U.S. at least, to use just the name of the building rather than the entire designation ("Stoner" instead of "Stoner Hall", etc.)
    :eek:
    I thought Stoners and academia were antithetical! ;)

< Previous | Next >