2004 (year) as adjective

< Previous | Next >
Can I use 2004 (the year) as an adjective to describe in which year an item was made?

For example: A size M, 2004, ivory, Georgette dress?
Or: A size M, year 2004, ivory, Georgette dress?

Because these sentences are going to be part of a website URL I'd like to keep these as short as possible, so I'd rather not use "... from 2004" if there's a shorter alternative. This is for a website reference/catalogue of limited-edition Japanese fashion items that were released over the past 10+ years.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
  • morior_invictus

Slovak
    Can I use 2004 (the year) as an adjective to describe in which year an item was made?
    Grammar and a URL? :rolleyes:

Your-web-page-file-name-should-not-go-over-5-words otherwise, as you surely know, it would be not only ambiguous to the users but also a bit harder to maintain. Your URL structure should follow the logic* (i.e. contain only significant keywords).

* at least the logic of your target group.

Parla

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    I don't know about limits to website names (you're planning to use a whole site for just one dress?), but you can make your description shorter: 2004 ivory Georgette dress, size M

Grammar and a URL? :rolleyes:

Your-web-page-file-name-should-not-go-over-5-words otherwise, as you surely know, it would be not only ambiguous to the users but also a bit harder to maintain. Your URL structure should follow the logic* (i.e. contain only significant keywords).

* at least the logic of your target group.
    It's for the search feature, so the URL has to show all the keywords the user selected. I'm trying to put the search selections in a natural sounding order to make the URL easier to read with as little extra words as possible, in case it ends up as a link somewhere.

I probably should have left out the 'A' in my examples, that won't be in the URL of course! The URL is going to look like this: mywebsite.com/2004-ivory-georgette-dress-size-m. But since there's also 'size' before the 'm' I wasn't sure whether I should add 'year' before '2004' (it just didn't sound right without) but apparently that's not necessary.

I don't know about limits to website names (you're planning to use a whole site for just one dress?), but you can make your description shorter: 2004 ivory Georgette dress, size M
    Thanks. This is for the search feature, these keywords should show all the 2004 ivory Georgette dresses in size M that are in the database. :)

Last edited:

Parla

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    This is for the search feature, these keywords should show all the 2004 ivory Georgette dresses in size M that are in the database.
    Oh. Not just one dress. In that case: 2004 ivory Georgette dresses, size M

< Previous | Next >