2019 Great Christian Song

• Sara Lee

Chinese
    I don't understand the need to put in 2019. Why does it matter what the year is? Are you trying to say it's a new song written in 2019?
    Yes, sure, pops, i want to say it's a new song written in 2019.

Because i want to draw other's attention and attract more people to enjoy this song.

pops91710

English, AE
    Better to say, A New Song for 2019: "Grant Us This Day, O Lord" — or whatever the title is. But it gets awkward if new songs are added later on. What do you say then? "Another New Song for 2019"/ "More New Songs for 2019"?

Also, A Great Christian Song for 2019 sounds more idiomatic. ...Great Christian Song just sounds strange to my ears because it is without the indefinite article.

Sara Lee

Chinese
    Better to say, A New Song for 2019: "Grant Us This Day, O Lord" — or whatever the title is. But it gets awkward if new songs are added later on. What do you say then? "Another New Song for 2019"/ "More New Songs for 2019"?

Also, A Great Christian Song for 2019 sounds more idiomatic. ...Great Christian Song just sounds strange to my ears because it is without the indefinite article.
    Sorry for the late reply~
    Thank you so much for your answer and help~

You little ripper!

Australian English
    There must be better adjectives to describe a song than ‘great’. What about ‘awesome’? Awesome Christian Song! (released 2019). It’s slighly longer, but much clearer in my opinion. :)

< Previous | Next >