22% of the guests that were interviewed are eager to have the possibility to choose a

charlyboy81

French, France
Hi everyone!

Could a native tell me if this sentence is right?

22% of the guests that were interviewed are eager/willing to have the possibility to choose among a selection of European dishes

Thanks you!!

charles

• texasweed

Banned
    French-born/US English
    What's the French version ?

You need to stick to the same tense within the sentence : were interviewed, were willing.
    I do not think either "eager" or "willing" is what you're looking for here. "happy" perhaps.

texasweed

Banned
    French-born/US English
    Please post the French version. Don't just change the tense, for I know neither willing nor eager fits here.

charlyboy81

French, France
    There is no French version, I am writing directly in English...

i guess it would be something like:

" 22% des clients interrogés déclarent vouloir avoir la possibilité de choisir entre différents plats Européens"

texasweed

Banned
    French-born/US English
    22% of the interviewed guests declared preferring having the possibility to choose among a selection of European dishes

d314av

England, English
    This is my effort. I think it is a bit easier to read, as "declared preferring having the possibility to choose among", for me, is hard to follow and would need read a couple of times maybe to be understood. Maybe it's just me

"22% of the interviewed guests said they would prefer to have the possibility of choosing from a selection of European dishes"

I am not sure but also declare seems a bit over the top-as I dont know if a guest would declare to want something?

Hope this helps

Gil

Français, Canada
    "22% of the interviewed guests prefered to choose from a selection of European dishes"

< Previous | Next >