25th/50th Shared Anniversary/Birthday

< Previous | Next >

kenxle

english - southern
The short version:
I'm looking for a wonderful mouthful of a word that could be taken to mean: "A shared celebration of 25th and 50th anniversaries(birthdays)."

The exposition:
My father and I share a birthday (and a name), and this year I will be turning 25 and he will be turning 50.

We love words (and making them up), but we've been having trouble coming up with a word that means the shared 25th anniversary. We figured a shared 25th anniversary would be easier than 25/50, but we are having trouble with just the twenty-five year recurring event as a single word.

Our first off-the-cuff attempt was co-quadrennial or (tongue in cheek) simulquadrennial. But we quickly realized this was every 4 years.

This thread (forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=1699484) has some really good attempts at a word meaning 25th anniversary. Among them are:
  • quarter-centenary
  • vigintiquinquennial
along with "silver anniversary" and "silver jubilee".

So. What would you suggest as a word that means, "A shared celebration of 25th and 50th anniversaries(birthdays)?"

This is all in good fun and jest, so the more tongue-twisting, alliterative, and ridiculous it is, the better. And I'm shooting for just a single word. :)

Thanks in advance for your help! I can't wait to see what we can come up with.

Ken son of Ken

• < Previous | Next >