300 tst level with the lower production from crush offset by demand. [stocks]

SLAL

FARSI
Hello

Could you tell me what the bold part mean?

Soymeal ending stocks kept at the magic 300 tst level with the lower production from crush offset by demand.

Thank you.

• dojibear

English - Northeast US
    SLAL - To figure out what tst means I first need to know what "soymeal ending stocks" mean. Please answer that. Does it mean tradeable stocks whose price follows the price of soymeal futures? Or does it mean the current total stockpile of soymeal, in various regions and countries? Or something else?

It would be even more helpful if you provide a reference: where did you see this sentence?

dojibear

English - Northeast US
    If "soymeal ending stocks" means stockpiles, then tst is "thousand short tons", which is the units the stockpiles are measured in. Currently 2 countries (US and Indonesia) have stockpiles around 270-280 tst, so if this text was written some time ago, either of them may have been around the 300 tst level.

crush is defined in another thread you created a couple hours before this one. demand is clearly how much is being purchased.

SLAL

FARSI
    Hello

Thank you for your help.

Ending stocks means the amount of soymeal in stock at the end of the reporting period which is at high levels (i.e. high supply), therefore leading to lower prices

Please find attached the whole text.

Attachments

Last edited:

SLAL

FARSI
    The message was deleted because the answer to the question was found.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >