4 BIS central bankers’ speeches integration

< Previous | Next >
Can i know please the meaning of "4 BIS central bankers’ speeches integration" in this context: " I cited the central weakness at the start of my speech: the imbalance between a monetary policy conducted at the European level and fiscal policies conducted at the national level. Basically, there are two ways to realign this imbalance: either the European level gains certain control rights over national budgets – which would mean a deeper political 4 BIS central bankers’ speeches integration. Or we leave control of fiscal policy at the national level. But then the national level also has to assume liability for its policies – that would mean strengthening the Maastricht framework".
Thanks,

• SwissPete

Français (CH), AE (California)
    What is the source of this sentence?

Is it a reported speech? Does it come from a newspaper? A book?

EDIT: On the basis of this website, BIS appears to be a financial organization of some kind.

Last edited:

Loob

English UK
    The text of Dr Andreas Dombret's speech as given on this Deutsche Bundesbank website has (my highlighting)
    Basically, there are two ways to realign this imbalance: either the European level gains certain control rights over national budgets – which would mean deeper political integration. Or we leave control of fiscal policy at the national level.
    It looks as though the words 4 BIS central bankers’ speeches have been inserted accidentally in your copy, taniasalha.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >