6 points are given for each academic paper published in the magazine

mynameisss

Polish - Poland
I always have problems with English syntax. Hence my question: Is this sentence syntactically correct? "6 points are given for each academic paper published in the magazine". And the second short question: can I start sentence with "since"? For example "Since May 2014 he...." Thank you in advance :)

• Egmont

English - U.S.
    These are two separate questions, so they should be in two threads - not for you now, but for others who may have one of these questions later.

I'll answer your first question here: yes, this sentence is syntactically correct. However, the number should be written out as "six" for two reasons: because small numbers are usually written out in English, and so the sentence can start with a capital letter.

mynameisss

Polish - Poland
    These are two separate questions, so they should be in two threads - not for you now, but for others who may have one of these questions later.

I'll answer your first question here: yes, this sentence is syntactically correct. However, the number should be written out as "six" for two reasons: because small numbers are usually written out in English, and so the sentence can start with a capital letter.
    Thank you very much!

< Previous | Next >