6'' pot <-diameter of the pot mouth?

< Previous | Next >

NoClue

Vietnam, Vietnamese
Hi
I saw this description when reading an article of how-to-grow avocado (hmm probably some other plant). I want to know if the number is the diameter or radius? Of the pot mouth or base? And why are you sure?

• tommy7ft

English/ USA
    Diameter. From one side to the other. i am sure because my wife cooks. No one would ever say "Use a pot with a 3 inch radius." Everything is diameter. I would assume that it is six inches at the top with a slight taper going down to the bottom.

Q-cumber

Hi
    I saw this description when reading an article of how-to-grow avocado (hmm probably some other plant). I want to know if the number is the diameter or radius? Of the pot mouth or base? And why are you sure?
    Generally speaking, "radius" is rather a geometrical term. I see no reason to use it in actual measuring. Hoses, pots, plates, CDs, DVD, etc. - are always sized by their diameters. Just imagine, how would you measure a radius in practice?

cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    Flower pot dimensions in the US are normally the top diameter. Here is a quote from one wholesaler, for
    truncated cone shaped pots:

3 1/2 inch diameter round nursery pots are very popular containers, Dillen Thinwall Round Nursery Pots

especially for starting new plants. Dillen Thinwall round nursery pots have multiple drainage holes for excellent irrigation qualities. All Thinwall containers are manufactured with high-grade polypropylene.

Measuring 3 1/2 inches in diameter at the top
    , these green pots are 3 1/4 inches deep and hold 17.64 c

maxiogee

Banned
    English
    Generally speaking, "radius" is rather a geometrical term. I see no reason to use it in actual measuring. Hoses, pots, plates, CDs, DVD, etc. - are always sized by their diameters. Just imagine, how would you measure a radius in practice?
    Measure the diameter and divide by 2?

< Previous | Next >