65-acre campus-located

< Previous | Next >

Flora8850

Chinese
Source Text: But, that goal has been undermined by the clinic’s expansion into a 165-acre campus-located five miles east of downtown Cleveland.
My question: what does the “a", "165-acre" and "campus-located" are modifying? the clinic or the east of downtown Cleveland?
Thanks!!!

• Egmont

English - U.S.
    "Campus-located" is not a hyphenated word. The - between "campus" and "located" is not a hyphen. Since you did not provide any information about the source, I cannot check to see what it really is, but it is some other type of separator. It might be a longer dash (technically called an "em dash," because it is as long as the letter "m" is wide.)

The clinic has a campus whose area is 165 acres (about 65 ha), located five miles (about 8 km) east of downtown Cleveland.

Flora8850

Chinese
    "Campus-located" is not a hyphenated word. The - between "campus" and "located" is not a hyphen. Since you did not provide any information about the source, I cannot check to see what it really is, but it is some other type of separator. It might be a longer dash (technically called an "em dash," because it is as long as the letter "m" is wide.)

The clinic has a campus whose area is 165 acres (about 65 ha), located five miles (about 8 km) east of downtown Cleveland.
    Thanks for your answer. It's helpful.

< Previous | Next >