9 times out of 10

missnrg7

English
Hola todo,

Below is the phrase which i am trying to translate from English to Spanish. Instead of "normalmente" I want to put something along the lines of 9 times out of 10 without it sounding to English.

"Estima que Zara da empleo a las mujeres jóvenes porque normalmente tienen los ideas frecos."

• missnrg7

English
    She expresses that "Zara" mainly gives employment to young women because nine times out of ten they are the ones with the most fresh ideas.

ulala_eu

Galician and Spanish (Spain)
    My try:

Afirmó que Zara le da empleo a mujeres jóvenes porque nueve de cada diez tienen ideas más frescas/innovadoras.

Anyway, it would sound better if you could say something like:

Afirmó que Zara le da empleo a mujeres jóvenes porque nueve de cada diez tienen ideas más frescas/innovadoras que las mujeres de mayor edad.

But the first optioni is good, too.

Mr.Dent

English American
    For me, the most literal and possibly the best translation of cada dos por tres is two times out of three. So, can I say cada nueve por diez for nine times out of ten?

Elixabete

Basque
    For me, the most literal and possibly the best translation of cada dos por tres is two times out of three. So, can I say cada nueve por diez for nine times out of ten?
    No , " nueve de cada diez veces" .
    And careful with " cada dos por tres" often the best translation is " all the time"/ " very often" , for instance " hacía un calor horrible y los niños se quejaba cada dos por tres"/ " It was awfully hot and the children complained constantly/ all the time/ time after time/ once and again. " ...the children complained two times out of three" sounds strange, but maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited: