a 15.8% declining/fall? of the decline (mine access)

< Previous | Next >


Senior Member

Could you please advise what would be the best word with respect to "declining/fall/other word" of a decline in the following text.




The decline with a projected length of 1,300 meters and declining/fall of 12% it starts at the length of 12.2 m, which is the meter point zero of the very drilling of the decline. The declining/drop of the decline in not in its entire length in accordance with the project. At the length of 0 to 30 m the declining/drop is 15.8%.



Mine access
Underground access
Accessing underground ore can be achieved via a decline (ramp), inclined vertical shaft or adit.

Decline portal atWiluna Gold Mine
  • Declines can be a spiral tunnel which circles either the flank of the deposit or circles around the deposit. The decline begins with a box cut, which is the portal to the surface. Depending on the amount of overburden and quality of bedrock, a galvanized steel culvert may be required for safety purposes.
  • << Excess quoted text removed by panjandrum (moderator). >>
Last edited by a moderator:
  • < Previous | Next >