A 6-month internship in which I can develop my marketing skills

grids59

Français
Hello,​
I think you can understand my sentence : "internship in which..." but i'm not sure that it is the best way for a Curriculum.

A 6-month internship in which I can develop my marketing skills and reinforce my ambition to join a Marketing program in a business school.​

What is you opinion?​

Thanks​

• Nymeria

English - Barbadian/British/educated in US universities blend
    "During which" instead?

Hmmm, are you talking about something that has happened in the past or that will happen? I only ask because you said it was CV, implying a record of previously held positions.

grids59

Français
    Thank you .

Actually it's for my Curriculum but this is the objective so I'm talking about something that will happen.

In fact , I'm a looking for a position in MKG to develop my MKG skills.

"During which" instead?

Hmmm, are you talking about something that has happened in the past or that will happen? I only ask because you said it was CV, implying a record of previously held positions.

Nymeria

"During which" should work then and you could also try "enter" instead of "join".

meowser

Flemish and English (midwest U.S.)
    Was this intended to be a full sentence, or just a clause expressing your intent for the internship?

I agree with the "during which" and "enter" suggestions.

grids59

Français
    Was this intended to be a full sentence, or just a clause expressing your intent for the internship?

I agree with the "during which" and "enter" suggestions.

This is the full sentence
    Objective :

"A 6-month internship during which I can develop my marketing skills and reinforce my ambition to enter a Marketing program in a business school."​

meowser

This is the full sentence
    Objective :

"A 6-month internship during which I can develop my marketing skills and reinforce my ambition to enter a Marketing program in a business school."​
    The reason I asked is that you've only listed a fragment... a partial sentence as if you intended to just list something.

Would you rather say:
    "I am currently involved in a 6-month internship ..." as part of a paragraph? If so, keeping "in which" sounds better. But if you're only listing and not writing a full sentence, then those two original edits will do.

Nymeria

Meowser, I think that grid is referring to the part of a CV where you state your objective. That part isn't usually a full sentence.

Objective: To obtain a 6 month internship... etc

meowser

Meowser, I think that grid is referring to the part of a CV where you state your objective. That part isn't usually a full sentence.

Objective: To obtain a 6 month internship... etc
    I agree, but til your post I wasn't sure that it was just an objective that was being stated :) Thanks for the clarification!

grids59

Français
    In fact I'm not involved, I'm looking for an internship. So I just confirm in my objec²tive what I'm looking for

The reason I asked is that you've only listed a fragment... a partial sentence as if you intended to just list something.

Would you rather say:
    "I am currently involved in a 6-month internship ..." as part of a paragraph? If so, keeping "in which" sounds better. But if you're only listing and not writing a full sentence, then those two original edits will do.

grids59

Français
    I agree, but til your post I wasn't sure that it was just an objective that was being stated :) Thanks for the clarification!

In france, I don't really use the objective on my curriculum but It seems that I have to use it for a curriculum in English.
    I don't have to explain why I want to find this internship?
    Actually, I know that I have to explain my motivations in my cover letter, but they will probably throw away my curriculum if I don't mention that I want to go to a business school, and not leave university after my bachelor. I want to explain to them because I know that they don't accept internship that doesn't plan to pass a master degree. I mean they don't want to waste time.

I don't know if it's clear.

< Previous | Next >