A and B Managers

Danae

Portuguese - Portugal
Hi everyone,

I've got a serious problem with two signatures in a text that came up for translation. Well, maybe it's not that dramatic :D, but I don't seem to understand what are the initials doing there...

Here it is:

Bob G. Scott
B Manager

Aaron Delwiche
A Manager

This is what comes up in the end of a formal letter to a bank, which are signed as above. These gentlemen are the managers of a company. Why do they put the initials 'A' and 'B' before manager? Do you have a guess?:eek:

• Danae

Portuguese - Portugal
    Possibly Branch Manager and Assistant Manager.
    Well, when I said managers, it's in the sense of administrators, chairmen... so they have a senior title, if you know what I mean...

If they are chairmen and are on equal terms... they couldn't have such different titles such as the one you pointed.

What strikes me the most is the fact that the initials match their names.. don't know if it's pure coincidence...:confused:

panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    It's very odd.
    Surely the A and B can't relate to their names :)
    But surely the labels must be clear and meaningful to those directly involved.
    If they are abbreviations, why aren't A and B written in full?
    If they are just labels, why aren't they in order - A then B?
    It doesn't make sense to a simple brain.

Danae

Portuguese - Portugal
    It's very odd.
    Surely the A and B can't relate to their names :)
    But surely the labels must be clear and meaningful to those directly involved.
    If they are abbreviations, why aren't A and B written in full?
    If they are just labels, why aren't they in order - A then B?
    It doesn't make sense to a simple brain.
    I completely agree with you, it makes no sense to me either. It couldn't be any title such as branch manager or brand manager or business manager, or account manager, since these two men are chairmen, therefore, hold a senior position, the highest... And yes, they would have written it in full.. Or if not, simply B.M. or A.M., which would be harder to decode...:eek:

< Previous | Next >