A background control of blood glucose

< Previous | Next >

Jignesh77

India- hindi
It helps to give a background control of blood glucose throughout the day.
I read the above online about the insulin Humulin I kwikpen.
Is "background" a noun or adjective? I couldn't find the definition that fits here?
I know the meaning of the sentence but just interested to know about it.

• Egmont

English - U.S.
    It is an adjective that describes the type of glucose control that this device offers.

Also, "control" is uncountable in this context. It should not have an article.

Myridon

English - US
    Also, "control" is uncountable in this context. It should not have an article.
    There are several drugs that provide different types insulin and glucose level controls - surely each is "a control." Even if there's only "background control" and "foreground control", that's two. :)

Egmont

English - U.S.
    Specific types of background control are countable. "Control" (and therefore "background control" as a subset) as a concept is not countable. Here, the device helps provide the concept of control. It is uncountable in the given sentence.

kentix

English - U.S.
    I confess the sentence is verging on failure to me, if its goal is to communicate effectively.

It helps to give a background control of blood glucose throughout the day.

It = the medicine, presumably
    Give? How do you give a control? Or even control? Especially how do you give "background control"?

Maybe it helps "maintain" control. But I'm still not sure it's background control.

< Previous | Next >