a banker's bag

< Previous | Next >

trikkinder

italian
Hello everybody,
I've heard a story about some kids that find on a beach a banker's bag (or a bankers bag, I'm not sure) filled with money. Then the kids call the police, and the police discover that it is the loot of a bank robbery gone wrong some years before.
I was wondering what the banker's bag (or bankers bag) was, I had a suspicion that it wasn't the bag of "a person employed by a bank, especially as an executive or other official" (dictionary.com). Too strange in this story! So, I googled banker's bag/bankers bag on google images, and the results are often like this:
http://www.whatonearthcatalog.com/w...ers-Bag-Old-Rare-Coins_CH7012_ps_cti-7AA.html
A Beagle-boys-style bag: a bag that contains a loot.
So is this the meaning?
Thanks a lot
Tricks

• PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    How much money was in the bag? It will give a clue as to how big it might be.

trikkinder

italian
    I don't know, Paul, I've just heard a story, and I don't know the details. It seemed odd that a banker - the employed - was wandering with his bag filled of money: the banker's bag. I've thought instead about a bag from a bank. And the images on google seem give me a confirmation...

< Previous | Next >