a beach from hotel

< Previous | Next >

translation lover

Arabic
H, I am working on a file for hotels in Bahrain, but I didn't understand what they mean by the first part.
The InterContinental Muscat is the name of the hotel and it is located on a beach, so what are they talking about?

The InterContinental Muscat is a beach from hotel spread over 35 acres of beautifully landscaped Palm gardens and offers the most extensive leisure and recreational facilities.

Thank you

• The Prof

If it is any consolation, I don't understand what they mean either. I suspect that there is a mistake. Perhaps the word 'from' should not be there at all: The InterContinental Muscat is a beach hotel.

Edited
    MJSinLondon's theory makes sense too.

Loob

English UK
    This couldn't have been written by an English native speaker, TL: it doesn't make sense in English:(.

I assume the writer was trying to say something like "a beach-side hotel" or "a hotel near the beach".

(cross-posted with The Prof)

radosna

English- USA
    I'm casting another vote for MJSinLondon's theory! As usual, my sympathy goes out to you, translation lover, for these crazy descriptions you're always having to translate!

At least it seems like your job is never dull! :)

EStjarn

Spanish
    InterContinental Muscat seems to be more than just a hotel. This is from InterContinental's website:
    GRACIOUS HOSPITALITY IN THE OMANI CAPITAL InterContinental Muscat is a 35-acre oasis in the heart of the city’s premier residential, government and diplomatic quarter. The business and commercial district is close by, as are must-see sights including the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, Bait Al Zubair Museum and Amouage Perfume Factory. For shoppers, the Muttrah Souk is the essence of Muscat.
    Based on that, perhaps the topic sentence is saying (somewhat non-natively) something like:

The InterContinental Muscat is a beach with a hotel. Spread over 35 acres of beautifully landscaped palm gardens, it offers the most extensive leisure and recreational facilities.

< Previous | Next >