a beanie and the Limp Bizkit look

< Previous | Next >

SuprunP

Ukrainian & Russian
Mike was in the front passenger seat. He was wearing a beanie and had the Limp Bizkit look of a rock-rap singer from the late 1990s.
(Stick with It; S. Young)

A beanie seems to look like this:

beanie.jpg

But I have always associated the Limp Bizkit look with this kind of hat:
Fred-Durst-of-Limp-Bizkit.jpg

Would you be so kind as to tell me whether the red hat in the latter picture can be called a beanie as well?

Thanks.

• VicNicSor

Banned
    Russian
    But the sentence doesn't imply that it was the beanie that made Mike have "the Limp Bizkit look of a rock-rap singer from the late 1990s".

SuprunP

Ukrainian & Russian
    But the sentence doesn't imply that it was the beanie that made Mike have "the Limp Bizkit look of a rock-rap singer from the late 1990s".
    I wonder what else could make you have "the Limp Bizkit look of a rock-rap singer from the late 1990s" if not that (red) hat? :)

If I were to choose a rapper to compare to somebody wearing a beanie, I'd rather go with this guy:

eminem-beanie-6.jpg

Soleil_Couchant

English - US
    I agree with VicNicSor:

I don't think it's saying that Limp Bizkit's hat was a beanie....more just that Mike had that "look." Maybe baggy clothes, a big open jacket or hoodie, track pants... that kind of "vibe" about him. Maybe the hairstyle/facial hair, too. All those could contribute.

And, yeah, it looks like Limp Bizkit is wearing a backwards baseball cap, not a beanie.

RM1(SS)

English - US (Midwest)
    Why, the grey cap looks like a beanie to me... (or did you mean Che's beret:D?)
    The grey cap in #1 and the blue one in #3. I would call those "knit caps" or "watch caps." This is a beanie:

But I know there's at least one thread on this somewhere around here....

< Previous | Next >