A bedroom fracture

< Previous | Next >

. 1

Banned
Australian Australia
G'day forer@s,
A recent nocturnal mishap brought the question of a bedroom fracture to mind, or to my little toe to be more precise.
I have what Aussies call a 'bedroom fracture' because it is commonly caused by walking in the dark with no shoes from bed to the toilet in the middle of the night and stubbing the little toe and breaking it.
What do you call such an injury?

• lablady

English - USA
    I don't think we have an official name for it here. We just hop up and down on one foot as we mutter expletives. This is followed by several days of "I broke my little toe on the ____," when we explain our sudden acquisition of a limp to our co-workers.

I like "bedroom fracture." It's very clever. I'll have to remember to use it the next time I suffer from one. :D

ash93

England, United Kingdom - English but can speak Urdu, Memon and Hindi
    G'day forer@s,
    A recent nocturnal mishap brought the question of a bedroom fracture to mind, or to my little toe to be more precise.
    I have what Aussies call a 'bedroom fracture' because it is commonly caused by walking in the dark with no shoes from bed to the toilet in the middle of the night and stubbing the little toe and breaking it.
    What do you call such an injury?

I don't think there is any such word for that in BE. We normally just mutter incomprehensibly and say 'I hit my foot on the _____' or 'I banged up my toe on the ____' (slang type language)

fenixpollo

American English
    While I agree with cuchu and lablady, AE might describe this phenomenon as a sleepwalking injury or a nocturnal omission.

:D

maxiogee

Banned
    English
    I think I'll stub my toe deliberately, just so I can use this delightful phrase.
    Mind you, when I saw the title of the thread, the sewer which I am pleased to call my mind went into full-loaded mode! :)

< Previous | Next >