a before and an after

< Previous | Next >

marcinnek

czech
What does it mean when you say that something meant / marked a before and an after of something? it means something like the beginning and the end, everything?

• Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    Please give us the complete sentence in which you would use this phrase, or have seen it used, with some context, so we can give you accurate answers.

marcinnek

czech
    Please give us the complete sentence in which you would use this phrase, or have seen it used, with some context, so we can give you accurate answers.
    Oh, I forgot to add it: For this film company, the promotion and distribution marked "a beginning and an after"

Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand. Is this your sentence?
    For this film company, the promotion and distribution marked "a beginning and an after"
    If so, can you explain, using other words, what ou want it to mean? Or are you asking about "a before and an after," as in your original post?

marcinnek

czech
    I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand. Is this your sentence?

If so, can you explain, using other words, what ou want it to mean? Or are you asking about "a before and an after," as in your original post?
    I think it means that without adequate promotion and distribution of films there would be no XXX (name of the film company)? That promotion and distribution means everything for the company?

Last edited:

Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    It's still not clear to me whether you've written this sentence, or seen it somewhere. Please clarify that point.

If you wrote the sentence and want it to mean "that without adequate promotion and distribution of films there would be no (film company)," I don't think either "a beginning and an after" or "a before and an after" works.

< Previous | Next >