a bending line

Discussion in 'English Only' started by ridgemao, Sep 2, 2013.

  1. ridgemao

    ridgemao Senior Member

    Kuala Lumpur
    Chinese - Mandarin

    My daughter drew a line on a paper like in this picture:
    bend line.JPG
    Can I say she drew a bending line on the paper?

  2. Florentia52

    Florentia52 Modwoman in the attic

    English - United States
    No; you could say "a bent line" or "an angled line." I would describe this particular line as "a line bent at a 90-degree angle."
  3. Parla Member Emeritus

    New York City
    English - US
    Or, an L-shaped line (in that picture, an inverted one).
  4. Egmont Senior Member

    Massachusetts, U.S.
    English - U.S.
    I'd call it a line with a rounded corner.

Share This Page