a betrayal nature VS a rebellious nature

PeachYoghurt

Mandarin
Hi all! Do "a betrayal nature" and "a rebellious nature" mean the same thing?:confused:

(1) The fact is that, all of us have a betrayal nature inborn within ourselves, it is only whether one decides to use if to hurt others or not. When Betrayal is done – the outcome is always NEGATIVE. Someone around oneself is definitely going to get hurt. There is no reason ever to betray for a positive issue.(Latest Topics: Betrayal)
(2) “I have spread out my hand all the day unto a rebellious people.” God analyses human nature. It is a rebellious nature. We are a rebellious people but God's grace follows us, waiting for a chance to change us. We can see it in the life of Jacob. God's grace was following him. (The Transformation of a Rebellious Heart)

• owlman5

English-US
    I suspect that Julie is fairly fluent in English, but is a native Chinese-speaker, PY. "Betrayal nature" sounds foreign and odd. "Treacherous" is an adjective that would mean the same thing. It is far more likely than Julie's "betrayal nature".

"Rebellious nature" came from an essay with biblical references. In this context, you might reasonably say that people who rebel against God are betraying God. However, you'll find that the definitions for the two words are different, as london calling told you.

london calling

UK English
    I've just seen Julie's profile: she lives in Hong Kong. She could be of Chinese origin but she could also be of British origin: some of the families who were there when HK was still a Crown Colony stayed when it was given back to China. That said, 'betrayal nature' is a little odd.

owlman5

English-US
    I also took a look at her profile, london calling, and I'm aware that some people of British origin live in Hong Kong. I found quite a few other odd expressions in her blog, however. That leads me to believe that English is not her first language.

< Previous | Next >