a big important moment

< Previous | Next >

AliBadass

persian
Let's say there is a big important game/match/competition on TV,like the last minute of an important soccer match.

What do you call the most important parts of a show/match/competition? The parts that make you hold your breath? (I don't really know how to define it to make you understand what I mean; the parts that you're not going to miss because they're beautiful/important or something)

• The Prof

One possibility is the highlights - this means the most exciting / interesting parts of the match, and is the term generally used by TV channels who are going to show just the most interesting parts of a match that has already been played.
    While I particularly associate it with sport, it can also used in some , but not necessarily all, contexts surrounding shows / competitions.

AliBadass

persian
    And is it just used for important parts or important moments or both? Like in a soccer match (let's say it's final) and someone's going to kick the ball as penalty, if he scores their team is going to be champion and if not they'll lose. So although the whole match is the highlight of the league but this penalty moment is something else. Do you call this moment something?

< Previous | Next >