a bird poking through a backdrop cloth

esteban

Colombia Spanish
hi everybody,

I'm trying my best to figure out the meaning of this:

"he has photographed birds held in a human hand poking through a cloth backdrop"

if there's no way of reasonably describing the scene with words (since we're talking about a photography) then how would you say this in French?

thanks for your help!

esteban

• RuK

English/lives France
    Il a photographié des oiseaux tenus par une main humaine qui traversait un rideau? You'd better wait for a native speaker on the translation, but as I see it, there's a cloth backdrop, a hand pokes out, the bird is held by this hand, so you get a photo of a bird, on a hand, with a curtain behind.

totallylost202

England, English
    Il a photographié des oiseaux tenus par une main humaine qui traversait un rideau? You'd better wait for a native speaker on the translation, but as I see it, there's a cloth backdrop, a hand pokes out, the bird is held by this hand, so you get a photo of a bird, on a hand, with a curtain behind.
    I agree with RuK, in this context, to poke through would be something like traverser/passer à travers.

Just need natives to help now. ;)

Suehil

Medemod
    British English
    I think you get a photograph of a bird against the backdrop - the hand is not seen. Staged to make it look as if the bird is in its natural surroundings.

< Previous | Next >