a bit more to it than that

searcher123

Farsi/Persian/فارسي
a bit more to it than that

Greetings,
What that means, please?

Examples:

1. Trisia is, as always :) correct, but there's a bit more to it than that. - source: Here on WordReference.com
  2. For me, there's a bit more to it than that. -source: Here on WordReference.com
  3. I've never heard this before. Does it simply mean, 'I'm going to get confused'? There seems to be a bit more to it than that. - source: Here on WordReference.com
  4. Thanks Manxo - I've a feeling there's a bit more to it than that - something that would mean something only to a psychologist. But thanks! -source: Here on WordReference.com
Regards

Last edited:
  • Egmont

English - U.S.
    This is said after someone else has said something, often after someone else has answered a question.

The speaker or writer thinks that the previous statement or answer is incomplete.

So, let's look at your first example. Trisia answered a question by philanguy. Lexiphile (who wrote your quoted sentence) agreed that Trisia's answer was right, but felt that it was also incomplete. He added more information.

So, this expression means that there is more to the subject ("it") than what has already been said ("that"). That should fit the rest of your examples. If it doesn't, please post again.

< Previous | Next >