A bite of my life

chamyto

Spanish
Good evening. I didn´t know how to start with this thread. It's 13 years since I first entered this website and registered in the forums. I must admit this has been a wonderful tool when it concerns to looking words/ expressions up in the dictionaries. Most of my labour life has been dedicated to hotels and tourism, so languages have been important at the time of treating with foreign people.

I could say I am the youngest in my family, because we are 5 brothers, and I am on the fourth place (I have a twin brother) , but due to some circumstances (medicals principally) my family has to pay por attention to me. I remember that it was at the age of 8 , when this all happened, and hasn`t finished yet. And I am not sure if this will be finished. I had a complete medical problem that made me stay at first one month at hospital in Madrid, regularly travels (every 4 months or so) to take this in control and some others "visits" to the emergency and stays of some days, one week...due to epilepsy and its consequences (seizures at any time, injuries, bruises and even a dislocation of the shoulder, not to achieve some jobs, depression...) , most of them related to the stigma surrounded it.

At the time I am writing this, it has come to me brain situations I had to "fight" at , because most of people never understand how is the life of someone who has to live with a chronic illness.

I think that`s all. Thank you .

• Tegs

Mód ar líne
    English (Ireland)
    I'm sorry to hear this Chamyto. Chronic illness must be very difficult to deal with. It is really nice of you to help other people on the forum when you are not well yourself. Like Zareza said, it shows you are a kind person. I am glad there are friendly online communities like WR where you can make friends from the comfort of your own house.