a bone to be grabbed

< Previous | Next >

Dr.Appalayya

India;Telugu
I too was treated like a bone to grabbed by one group before other group probably did. I innocently gravited towards a particular group obviously due to the merits of the pursuits.

The above description is about office-politics. Typical of office politics, members of one group try to bring others into theirs.

Please suggest if "bone to be grabbed by", "merits of the pursuits", "gravitated towards" are correct usages in here?

• Dimcl

Canadian English
    I too was treated like a bone to grabbed by one group before other group probably did. I innocently gravited towards a particular group obviously due to the merits of the pursuits.

The above description is about office-politics. Typical of office politics, members of one group try to bring others into theirs.

Please suggest if "bone to be grabbed by", "merits of the pursuits", "gravitated towards" are correct usages in here?
    "Bone to be grabbed" is a rather crude phrase but if that's what you're aiming at, it's fine. "...before other group probably did." is grammatically incorrect. I presume you mean "before the other group did". "Probably" doesn't work here - either they did or they didn't.

"Innocently gravitated" is fine but I have no idea what you mean by "obviously due to the merits of the pursuits" - why "obviously", what are the "merits" and what are the "pursuits"?

< Previous | Next >