a bucket of wings

Kirill V.

Russian
This question has been split off from another thread. Cagey, moderator.

(We assume you're doing them rather than watching them over a bucket of wings.)
Hello, Copyright!
Please excuse me for this question that is somewhat off-topic, the only reason I am asking it without creating a new thread is that I think it is a quick one:
What is a bucket of wings ?
The only meaning I can find for wings (apart from its usual meaning) is cocaine, but surely this is not the intended meaning?:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Copyright

American English
    Chicken wings ... a popular snack made from a portion of the chicken that used to be thrown away. :)

Wikipedia: Buffalo wing
    A Buffalo wing or Buffalo chicken wing in the cuisine of the United States is a chicken wing section (wingette or drumette) that is generally deep-fried, unbreaded, and coated in vinegar-based cayenne pepper hot sauce and butter. They are traditionally served hot, along with celery sticks and/or carrot sticks with blue cheese or ranch dressing for dipping. There are also boneless wings, from which the humerus and other bones have been removed.

More on that link – and that's only one recipe for them.

A bucket of wings is something you can buy from KFC, formerly Kentucky Fried Chicken. They serve many of their chicken items in cardboard buckets.

Last edited:

Copyright

American English
    Yes to both of you (including Barque's now-deleted link to the Wikipedia article on "Buffalo wings" – sorry, Barque) ... I was adding more to the menu as you both were typing. :)
    For some reason I associated watching sports with eating some sort of a cold snack like chips, for example, which is an even much less healthy practice, of course...
    Chips (french fries to Americans) versus hormone-stuffed, battery-farm-raised chicken wings? Pass the chips, hold the chicken. :)

Last edited:

Kirill V.

Russian
    Sounds and looks tasty. I'll have to visit a KFC shop to see if they have it here, and try one if they do. The World Ice Hockey Championship misn't far away, so maybe it's time to broaden the menu

< Previous | Next >