a butternut squash and truffle butter flatbread

VicNicSor

Banned
Russian
-- The door [of the fridge] couldn't shut because of your empty pizza box.
-- Pizza? Please. This is a butternut squash and truffle butter flatbread.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine, TV series

I know that a butternut squash is a vegetable, and truffle butter is a kind of butter. But when all that modifies 'flatbread', what does it mean?

Or, what modify what in this phrase?

Could it be a flatbread on which to spread butternut squash butter and truffle butter? Thanks.

• joanvillafane

U.S. English
    It's a flatbread with cooked butternut squash and truffle butter on top (as suggested by cyberpedant).

(I interpret it as "butternut squash" is a topping, like mushrooms or peppers or olives.)

The joke (I suppose) is that this edible item looks like a cardboard pizza box.

VicNicSor

Banned
    Russian
    Thank you for your replies!
    A "squash" is a garden vegetable. Google it. There are many different types, many colors, shapes.
    I know, I meant what it looks like in the OP. So it looks like it's sliced/shopped.:)
    The joke (I suppose) is that this edible item looks like a cardboard pizza box.
    No:), it is, and does look like a cardboard box. The joke is that the first speaker has lots and lots of food in the fridge (which got spoiled because of an open door), compared to which, that box is "empty".

< Previous | Next >