a calm face in the crowd

At Work AD

Spanish-English, Chile
Hi

Would someone confirm if the suggested translation is a good way of conveying the meaning of the the English text I am posting. I would appreciate any input or other suggestions.

English text
"Amy's suicide haunted me because I realized /.../ that we did not do enough /.../. Amy had been a calm face in the crowd. We didn't sense her despair.

Translation last 2 sentences
La presencia de Amy se diluyó en la multitud. No percibimos su angustia.

Thanks so much

• alexacohen

Banned
    Spanish. Spain
    I don't get it.
    I understood that they did not realize Amy was depressed because she has been wearing a mask of calmness and poise that effectively fooled her friends. Not that their friends had overlooked her anguish because there were far too many of them.

la zarzamora

argentina-spanish
    Hi

Would someone confirm if the suggested translation is a good way of conveying the meaning of the the English text I am posting. I would appreciate any input or other suggestions.

English text
    "Amy's suicide haunted me because I realized /.../ that we did not do enough /.../. Amy had been a calm face in the crowd. We didn't sense her despair.

Translation last 2 sentences
    La presencia de Amy se diluyó en la multitud. No percibimos su angustia.

Thanks so much
    Amy había pasado desapercibida entre los demás, era una persona tranquila. No percibimos su angustia.

< Previous | Next >